Monday, March 10, 2014

Little Miss Ahni

I have decided to have Ahni follow in the steps of Kennis Wildflower, wild mustang from devil's creek adopted at the age of 1 by my dear friend Debbie Manning.  Debbie taught Kennis to pull a cart before she rode her.  Debbie had Kennis pulling a cart beginning at the age of 4 and finally at the age of 6, Debbie began riding her. I am going to try and follow this theory with Ahni.  I believe she has the disposition to pull a cart, but only time will tell for certain. This picture is the first time I have dressed her up in her harness.  She did pretty darn good for the first time.  For my non-horse friends, please understand that by harnessing her I have gone against everything that it means to be a horse.  I have put blinders on her, so she can't see what's behind her or to the side of her I have strapped her "together".  I walked her around the front circle drive about 6 times, she seemed apprehensive and tense, but as soon as I would pat her neck, her head would drop and I would see a few moments of relaxation. My dream...to have her and Beau work as a pair. So you know what this means...lot's of pictures of Ahni this summer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment