Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tank's shower and shave.

Tank, my 120 pound Anatolian Shepherd gets "hot spots" because he lives outside and his double coat just holds all the bacteria in.... Argh.....
I give him the meds Dr. Annie says and clean it twice a day with an iodine solution, but there are times when something more drastic must take place. I decided to shave him and give him a bath. Instantly this became a problem, because we don't have a bath tub, not that I could get him in anyway. I couldn't use the outside hose because the water is just too cold, and Dr. Annie said if it's too cold for me it's too cold for him.  I had a sedative she gave me and I devised my plan. I decided to lock all the small dogs up stairs and then I would take him into the kids bathroom, where I would give him his sedative, shave and shower. This will be a easy!  Enjoy the pictures! 
He knows something is up.

After his sedative , he's facing the inevitable.
Such a brave dog!
 
He's getting sleepy!
 
Down for the count.
 
Shaving is complete. This was the worst. He woke up trying to bite the clippers several times, I had to hold his collar with my left hand while I shaved him with my right. Thank goodness he was sedated, otherwise I could have never held him. 
Shower time, notice the towel under his head, didn't want him to breathe in any water, because he was lying on top of the drain and I'd have to clear it occasionally. 
He didn't like the shower spraybon him, so I had to tie a rag around it to get the wayer to drop straight down. 

Got him outside, so he could dry in the sun. He's such a good boy.
 
Resting peacefully. 
Here... Let's take a selfie while I'm waiting for you to wake up.😂
Thank goodness he's a good boy for me, I forget how big he really is until I look at a picture like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment