Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bow Hunting in Idaho

Add caption
My  dear friend Annie said, "Hey you want to help take Pete's (Annie's husband) friends to the back country on horse back?"  I said, "Yes!"  She said,"We'll have to be saddled and ready to go by 4:30 am."   Yes you read correctly...4:30am!   I got up at 3:45am, saddled the horses, and lunged Kota (the brown and white paint), just to take the edge off, he's only four and still can be a little rambunctious.  Pete's friends, Frank, who came all the way from New Jersey, rode Annie' solid black thoroughbred and Jerry, who rode  Annie's black and white thoroughbred paint, Chief.  We left my home at 4:35am, with only the full moon for light.  I rode my faithful brown quarter horse, Beau.  He did an awesome job leading us through the trails, safely, under the cover of darkness.  It's a wonderful experience to ride horses in the moonlight through the forest.  It's so peaceful.  I would do it again in a heart beat!

Annie helping Frank on getting situated on Ruella.
 Me on Beau, carrying Jerry's 30 pound pack.  See Kota's cute little face to the right of me.  Annie holding chief getting him ready for Jerry to hop on.

Sorry Jerry...no pictures of you on Chief!  Jerry said this was his first time riding since he was a kid.  Annie forwarded me Jerry's text later that night where he said,"The horse ride to hunt was a dream come true."  I love it when people can really appreciate horses and what they are capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment