Saturday, January 18, 2014

Gifts for a Friend.

I didn't have time before x-mas to finish my friend, Dr. J's, gifts.  When I lived in Wyoming for 9 months we became great friends.  She always wanted a pair of cowgirl boots and when I was there she finally found the perfect pair of boots.  About a month ago I was looking through one of my yarn/patterns magazines and there was a triangular "cowboy" scarf pattern.  The problem was it was a knitting pattern and I crochet.  I clipped out the picture and went to one of my crochet pattern books.  I matched the patterns as close as I could and began attempting to put it together.  I must say it took me a while to match it up...but I was quite pleased with the way they turned out.  When I began her second one, I didn't want to do the same pattern, so I just crocheted a simple triangle.  I also took a horse blanket pin and attached a boot charm.  I wish I would have taken a picture of it! Merry X-mas Dr. J!

No comments:

Post a Comment