Sunday, November 1, 2015

Cleaning up a mess.


I had to do something that made me feel good, something satisfying, anything to help bring alittle order to the chaos, so I reorganized my craft room. I swore I wasn't going to buy anything, no reorganizing baskets in pretty colors, no new shelving, no new nothing! I needed to get creative, feel the power of putting my brain to work. Do with what I have, repurpose and reuse. So here's the start, haven't decided if it's done, buts it's on it's way.
The shelves came from my parents restaurant when I was a kid. I made the rug out of sheets that I had purchased at the good will stores when I was in Cheyenne WY. The picture was painted by a lady I worked with at Lamoures Dry Cleaners when I was 19, Ruth Williams. She pained the name on the boat "The Joy". 
The chair I purchased at the Animal Shelter Thrift store when I lived in CA, I recovered it with some material I had laying around. The wire shelving I stole from Megan, my daughter, the old pots were Joe's grandmothers. My grandmother Hendrix painted the ocean scene.
Joe made these book shelves when he was in JR High. 
Well let's see if it remains cozy and comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm no expert at this stuff, so bear with me. First I'd carefully remove one of the cushions material, label it on the back side of the material, top bottom and sides, then I would take them to Joanne's or any other fabric store and talk to the ladies there to find your perfect fabric. If your trying to match it with other things in your home, by all means pack them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your couch! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete