Tuesday, April 15, 2014

First Ride of the Season!

The feeling of complete relaxation, riding out in the woods. Out there, I'm not a mom, wife or teacher; I'm just me, no pressures, no fights, no disappointments, just complete freedom because my Beau will take me anywhere I ask him and he always gets me home safely. 
For our first ride we went to my favorite spring time creek.  We have named it Chiefs Creek, because one day, Chief a 16.3 hand thoroughbred paint decided it was just too much to cross, so he laid down.  Of course we all roared with laughter at his drama, but he did get up and cross it and ever since then, the name has stuck. 
Chiefs Creek

My Best Bud Beau
 It's a perfect ride to the creek, not too short and not too long, it can be ridden round trip in about 40 minutes at a nice easy walk.  Now this is the life for me!
Yes, I ride him in a halter.

1 comment: