Saturday, April 26, 2014

My First Shoe.

Yesterday I met Annie at her home to put front shoes on her horse Chief. It was awesome, hilarious and educational all at the same time.  Annie had to help me hold the shoe on and I believe I went through at least 20 nails before I got 6 to come out right. She nipped the tips off and I crimped them down.  We had to take more toe off of him and when all was said and done, I told her, "OMG Annie that is the worse nailing I have ever seen!" and we both laughed like crazy! She said," It doesn't matter, the shoe is on!" 
It is an amazing feeling to try something new and to learn something new.  Since I'm still such a 'newbe' I am going to go back over there sometime this week and trim the next horse in line Flower, Chief's sister, then hopefully the following week, I can practice putting front shoes on her too. Thanks Annie and Chief!

No comments:

Post a Comment