Sunday, September 7, 2014

First weight on Aiahni - Ahni (for short) my precious little girl!

My neighbor Yenta Clydsdale asked me if I had ridden Ahni yet...I replied no...with a tinge of pain...
Ahni and I have been working on lunging and ground driving in order to get her ready for the "big" moment, but I haven't felt she was ready for that first mount...maybe it was me that wasn't ready.  I have an arena, but I hadn't fenced off a smaller portion in order to keep little Ahni contained and give her and me a sense of safety.
Yesterday I decided I would fence off a smaller portion with my movable panels and see how she would act in that environment.  I wasn't 100% sure if I would get on or not, it completely depended on how Ahni was behaving.
Well, I didn't get completely on, but I did let her feel my weight.  I know I am ridiculously slow with my training, but I like to make sure we are both ready! Here are a few pics that Joe took.
Loosening her up and determining if she's listening.

Whoa on command, very important! :0)

Reining her on the ground. 

I use a step because it helps ease the pressure on their shoulders. Well that's my story and I'm sticken to it!
 

Feeling the weight. I almost feel sorry for her. :0)

I love my girl!
I adore her...she's my special little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment