Sunday, September 21, 2014

Second Ride for Ahni.

I unfortunately don't have any pictures of my first ride on Ahni, but I did get Joe to take some of her second ride; Thanks Joe! It feels so strange to ride a horse through their first several rides.  You can feel how uncomfortable they are and how they are trying so hard to keep balance. I also marvel at how different each horse feels, I think she is going to be the smoothest of my three horses.  During her third riding lesson, I did get her to trot around the pen once each way, when I asked her to trot, she put her ears back towards me and seemed to say, "I know what trot means, but you can't be serious." After words of encouragement she took her first trotting steps.  I am so proud of her.
PS...Please don't tell my dad I wasn't wearing my riding helmet, he gets upset.





No comments:

Post a Comment