Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lucky Lucy

I just first want to say nothing will ever replace our beloved Abby Zabby.  She filled our hearts with Love and our home with Joy.  That said...a new chapter is to be written in the Bjerke family.

Joe and I have been heart broken since we lost Abby June 15, 2014 and our world was turned upside down.  There were holes in both of our hearts the size of Texas, I still miss her.
When we would see Jack Russell's on the TV, we would cry all over again.

Our friend Annie had one that needed a home and we went to look at him, but for whatever reason, Joe just didn't connect with him.  I honestly didn't care, I thought he would be fine and I was tired of our home being quiet.  I think Joe wanted another little girl...but I'm not sure.

Joe spent last week in Sacramento and Friday morning he saw a commercial with a Jack Russell digging holes in the back yard to help his mommy plant trees.  He said he just broke...he knew we needed another baby.  He got on the internet and found one at the Spokane Animal Shelter.  He sent an email inquiring if she was still available and sent me the link.  I looked at her and called twice only to get a phone recording.  I left my information.  In the mean time, they sent back an email telling Joe she had already been adopted.  I was glad for her, and yet sad all at the same time.  No doubt feeling sorry for myself.

Then the thought crossed my mind as I was on my way home from work, what if they were wrong...I wanted to talk to someone.  I called a third time and this time a lady answered.  I asked if Lucy was still there and she said, "Yes",
No sooner had I talked to her, I got another text from Joe telling me someone else had sent him an email stating she was still there and I should stop by and check her out and if I liked her to get her.
Mikey was with me and when we pulled up, I asked him if he was going to go in and that I understood if he didn't want to go in.
Well, what could I do...We adopted her and brought her home. She's learning to fit in, although she is learning a few hard lessons about cats.








No comments:

Post a Comment